The Bulunga dispensary was established in 1974 and registered in 1977. It is located at Bulunga village, Malangali ward, Undali division, Ileje district. The village is around seven kilometers from Malangali where to road from Isongole to Isoko passes and around 23 kilometers from Isoko Hospital. The dispensary serves the people of two villages, namely Bulunga and Chembe, with a population of 1029 and 1606 respectively. The services provided by the Bulunga dispensary include:
- Outpatient department
- Immunization for under 5 years children
- Reproductive and child health
- Counseling on HIV
- Examination on HIV, MRDT, SYPHILLIS and HB
- Outreach service
For complicated cases patients are referred to Isoko Hospital.
Between 1998 and 1999, major renovations were done on the three buildings of the dispensary, namely the outpatient building and the two staff houses. The renovation was supported by the Governments of Tanzania and Great Britain. Currently, the facility is equipped with a medium solar panel (around 70 KW). Through the government program REA, the facility will be connected to the electric grid soon.
The facility has two employees, one seconded from the Ileje District council and another one employed by the Isoko Hospital. The Tanzanian Government has allocated funds to the facility for medicine, medical equipment and medical supplies.